Checking In / Out of DiscoveryLand
Your child’s safety matters to us. That’s why we use a secure computer check-in and check-out system during weekend services that’s quick and easy, including at the FAC Southwest campus starting October 20, 2019. Randomly generated check-out codes make sure our classrooms are a safe environment for families and assure volunteers they’re releasing your child into safe hands when you return for pick-up at the end of the service.
First time checking in? Welcome!
- Guest Check-In Desks are located in the south end of the Deerfoot campus.
- Please arrive at least 10-15 minutes before the service starts so we can gather some important, basic information from you, show you to your child’s classroom, and introduce your child’s classroom leader.
Health, Allergies & Food
- As much as we encourage sharing … please don’t share your germs! If your child’s been sick/infectious in the last 48-72 hours, please keep them with you to protect the health of other children; our volunteers and staff have permission to decide if a child is too sick to stay in DiscoveryLand.
- If your child has allergies, just let us know at one of our Sign-In Desks and we’ll make sure to include that info on your child’s name tag.
- No food or drinks are allowed in Preschool or Grade School classrooms. Sometimes Grade School kids may be given treats at the end of the service during check-out; you can decide if your child can have the treat.
- Bottles can be kept with infants. If your child has a severe milk allergy, we suggest keeping them with you. We don’t ask our volunteers to feed babies cereal or finger food, but moms are welcome to use the adjacent Nursing Room.
Safety & Volunteer Screening
As a church, we do all we can to protect the vulnerable among us. That’s why we follow a KeepSAFE process to ensure all FAC staff and regular volunteers working with children, youth, and vulnerable persons are fully trained and screened.
Beyond the Check-In Desks, the entire DiscoveryLand area is secure at the Deerfoot campus so only staff, scheduled volunteers, and parents/guardians with check-in or check-out codes have access to classrooms during weekend services.