As a Sponsorship Agreement Holder with the Government of Canada, we focus on assisting individuals and other churches in Alberta in submitting refugee applications. Every year the Canadian government allots FAC a certain number of sponsorship spaces for refugees. The spaces are limited and we know the need is great. Please Note: our priority for sponsorship in 2021 is for single women, with or without children.
Looking for sponsorship?
- At this time, we do not have the financial resources to assist with sponsorships. You must be able to provide all finances towards the sponsorship during the application process.
- If you are interested in donating towards sponsorship please mark “refugee sponsorship” on your donations. You can also email us for more info.
- If you are looking for refugee sponsorship, please make sure you have obtained all of the required documents and that you are eligible for refugee sponsorship. Find more information on this here.
- If you are not located in Calgary we are unable to assist with your request. A list of all the other SAHs across Canada can be found here.
- If you are located in Calgary, have the financial resources and paperwork for sponsorship and would like to see if you are eligible for sponsorship through FAC, please complete the following form:
Note: We do not accept walk-in appointments for refugee sponsorship.
Supporting Refugees on Arrival
As a church, we also help refugees already sponsored by FAC when they arrive in Canada. There are so many ways we can help – from the official details and financial support, to helping with English skills, and simply building new friendships. Together, we can help make sponsored refugees feel welcome and a little less overwhelmed. Contact us to ask how you can help welcome FAC-sponsored refugees to Calgary or mark “refugee sponsorship” on your donation envelope to support a refugee family financially.
Please contact us to ask about the next English Class and registration dates.