As a Sponsorship Agreement Holder with the Government of Canada, we focus on assisting individuals and other churches in Alberta in submitting refugee applications. Every year the Canadian government allows FAC a certain number of sponsorship spaces for refugees. The spaces are limited and we know the need is great. Our refugee sponsorship allocations for the first half of 2023 are now full. Please check back in June 2023.
- Note: We do not accept walk-in appointments for refugee sponsorship. Please call Michelle Eng to book an appointment.
Looking for Sponsorship?
- At this time, we do not have the financial resources to assist with sponsorships. You must be able to provide all finances towards the sponsorship during the application process.
- Please make sure you are eligible, and that you have all of the required documents.
- If you are not located in Calgary, we are unable to help; please find a find an SAH near you in Canada.
- Are you located in Calgary? Do you have the financial resources and paperwork for sponsorship ready? To see if you are eligible for sponsorship through FAC, please complete the following form:
Please Note: We are not accepting any more refugee applications until we receive allotments for 2023 from the government.
Note: We do not accept walk-in appointments for refugee sponsorship.
Supporting Refugees on Arrival
As a church, we also help refugees already sponsored by FAC when they arrive in Canada. There are so many ways we can help – from the official details and financial support, to helping with English skills, and simply building new friendships. Together, we can help make sponsored refugees feel welcome and a little less overwhelmed. Contact us to ask how you can help welcome FAC-sponsored refugees to Calgary or mark “refugee sponsorship” on your donation envelope to support a refugee family financially.
This class is for anyone 12 years and older and includes lessons on vocabulary, reading, writing and comprehension, as well as conversation and activities to practice new skills.
**Registration is now closed for Spring 2023 classes**
Please check back for summer 2023 class information.