Why settle for “surviving” when you could be thriving?
The Couples’ Ministry at FAC supports couples proactively, encouraging and equipping you to pursue a thriving, life-long, God-honouring marriage. The Relationship Fitness Centre® offers relationship opportunities and resources to help grow and strengthen your relationship even before you encounter challenges – whether you’re seriously dating, engaged and planning to get married, looking for marriage enrichment – or support if you’re in a marriage crisis.Connect on Facebook
Starting Your Relationship
Don’t spend all of your energy just planning the wedding – make plans for your marriage!
- Before We Say I Do – marriage preparation course
- First 5 – small group community for newlyweds married less than 5 years
- Marriage Mentoring – including a resource from Saving Your Marriage Before It Starts
For information about weddings at FAC or having a pastor officiate your wedding, please contact Anne Freeman email@example.com / 403-258-8290.
Strengthening Your Relationship
Proactively grow your relationship through these programs:
- Blended Families
- Dynamic Marriage
- Marriage Enrichment Retreat hosted by Focus on the Family Canada
- The Marriage Course by Alpha
- Weekend Getaway hosted by FamilyLife Canada
- Marriage Mentoring
Supporting Your Relationship
- Online Marriage Studies
- CouplesLife Monthly Newsletter (sign up / view archives)
- Recommended Reading
- Ask for Prayer Support
Staying in Your Relationship
Need help and hope in a hurting marriage?
- Marriage 911 God’s Way – Yes, Your Marriage Can Be Saved, even with an unwilling spouse
- Hope Restored – a marriage intensive experience from Focus on the Family Canada
- Separated and Waiting, God’s Way
- Riding the Waves of Tribulation in Your Marriage, God’s Way
- Before You Divorce
Sonshine Community Services – when you experience family and domestic violence.
*NOTE: If you’re in immediate danger, call 911 or the 24-hour Family Violence Info Line: toll free 403-310-1818 (in Alberta).
FAC and The Relationship Fitness Centre® are co-founders of The Calgary Marriage Network (YYCMN). We’re happy to let you know when any of the above classes and resources are being offered somewhere else in the city when our classes become full or end for the season here at FAC.
Need additional support in your marriage? Although our Couples’ Ministry is unable to provide counseling, we can offer couples an appointment with a Congregational Care Pastor who can provide biblical principles and pastoral care for your marriage, and recommend next steps for continued community and support. If you’re interested in making an appointment, please contact Anne Freeman firstname.lastname@example.org / 403-258-8290.
“Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in love. Honour one another above yourselves.” (Romans 12:9-10)