FAC School of Music | Calendar
For payment methods and studio policy, see below. For registration, please contact Gillian Paton.
Winter 2019/20 Term
- December 9 – Registration Opens
- January 6 – Lessons Resume
- February 13-19 – No Lessons
- March 21 – Last Day of Lessons
Spring 2020 Term
(Mondays & Saturdays, 10 Weeks; Tuesdays-Fridays, 11 weeks)
- March 30 – Lessons Resume
- April 13 – No Lessons (Easter)
- May 2 – No Saturday Lessons
- May 14-20 – No Lessons
- June 21 – Summer Recital
FAC School of Music lessons are available in 30-minute, 45-minute, and 60-minute blocks depending on the age and stage of the student. All lessons will take place at FAC Deerfoot campus (12345 40 Street SE Calgary).
- Post-dated cheques, dated the first of each month, made payable to “First Alliance Church,” due at the time of registration
- Payment by debit or credit card either for the full year of tuition at registration or at the beginning of each block
In addition to lesson fees, an annual, non-refundable fee of $100 is required at the time of registration to help offset recital costs and other administrative expenses. This will be reduced to $75 for students who sign up for a full year of lessons.
For the sake of consistency, we encourage students to attend all lessons but recognize that sometimes this is not possible. If a student must miss a lesson, please inform the instructor at least 24 hours in advance. The instructor will do their best to reschedule lessons up to a maximum of 3 per year, time permitting. Please do not send your student if they are ill.
If the instructor misses a lesson, the student will be notified by the instructor and the lesson rescheduled.
Students are expected to arrive promptly. Lessons will not be extended past their scheduled time to compensate for late arrivals.
If a student must end lessons during the year, we will require written notification from the parent and 30 days paid notice.
Recitals will take place twice a year. All students are expected to participate. There will be no additional charge for recitals. The dates of the recitals are listed on the FAC School of Music calendar.
FAC School of Music | Faculty & Pricing
Bethanie Klob – $30 per 30 min.
- Mondays, 10:00 am-12:00 pm, 6:30-9:00 pm; Tuesdays 5:30-8:30 pm; Thursdays 10:30 am-12:30 pm, 5:00-8:30 pm
- ARCT in piano pedagogy from the Royal Conservatory of Canada; BA, Christian Education with a focus on piano
- Focus: Worship playing (chord charts, playing by ear, improvisation) and advanced classical instruction
Kristen Limacher – $22.50 per 30 min.
- Saturdays, 9:30 am-3:00 pm
- Grade 10 Royal Conservatory of Music
- Focus: Basics of piano and music theory; technical skills for the intermediate player
Olivia Whitaker – $22.50 per 30 min.
- Mondays, 4:30-8:30 pm
- BMus Piano Performance, University of Lethbridge
- Focus: To tailor each lesson into the stylistic approach that best suits the student’s interest.
Katrina Garcia – $20 per 30 min.
- Mondays 6:00-8:00 pm; Tuesdays 5:00-8:00 pm
- BA Music, Trinity Western University, BC
- Focus: Vocal health and technique for singing success in various styles; suited for beginners
Vocal Coaching Lessons
Terri Berg – $22.50 per 30 min.
- Mondays, 5:00-8:00 pm
- Focus: Coach singers from all different backgrounds to find and use their unique voice, using speech level and other techniques.
Michael Gray – $22.50 per 30 min.
- Thursdays, 4:30-6:30 pm
- Focus: Improving playing quality, adding in technique, scales, music theory and passing on some tricks of the trade that make playing easier and more fun.
Ine-Wilmé Coetzee – $22.50 per 30 min.
- Thursdays 4:30-6:30 pm
- ARCT Diploma with First Class Honours
- Focus: Teaching technique and sound quality for all levels and to create a life-long love of music through the sound of cello.
Acoustic / Electric Guitar Lessons
Josh Rau – $22.50 per 30 min.
- Mondays & Tuesdays, 5:00-8:30 pm
- BMus, Ambrose University
- Focus: Technique and musicality for guitarists of all genres
Cassandra Neild – $22.50 per 30 min
- Thursdays, 5:00-8:30 pm
- Focus: Developing guitar players through a variety of musical styles
Dallas Clifford – $25 per 30 min.
- Tuesdays, 4:30-8:30 pm
- Focus: From beginner to advanced, Dallas can take you to the next level
Bryce Plante – $40 per 60 min.
- Tuesdays, 6:00-9:00 pm; Thursdays, 6:00-9:00 pm
- Focus: The intersection of artistry and technology
Piano/Suzuki Piano Lessons
Jill Rossier – $25 per 30 min.
- Tuesdays, 4:30-8:00 pm; Thursdays, 9:00 am-12:00 pm, 4:30-8:00 pm
- Registered Suzuki Piano Instructor, SSA; Graduate, Suzuki Pedagogy Practicum
- Focus: Building a strong early foundation and instilling a lifelong love of music in children
About the Suzuki Method
The Suzuki Method applies basic principles of language acquisition to learning music. Early Years Group Classes partner student, parent(s), and teacher to develop rhythmic ability, sense of melody, and memory, and foster an appreciation and love for music. Private piano instruction centres around listening, tone production, body posture, technique, and the structure and purpose of musical repertoire.