What is Realm?
FAC is all about building community … connecting people and fostering relationships that help build lives that honour God. Life is busy – and it can be hard to stay connected throughout the week. That’s why FAC is introducing Realm®. Realm is designed to make connecting easier!
Once you’ve signed up, it will be easier for you to:
- Communicate with FAC staff, ministry groups, and serving teams you’re involved with
- Keep up with what’s happening and register for events
- Manage your giving at FAC … and more!
- How to Set Up Your Realm Account
- Accessing Realm
- Realm Connect App
- Updating Your Profile
- Privacy Settings
- Giving on Realm
- Registering for Events
How to Set Up Your Realm® Account
If you don’t have an account, just click the button below and follow the steps.Set Up Realm Account
- Note: You must set up your Realm password for the first time through a web browser before logging into the Realm Connect mobile app.
Need help? If you have any questions, please contact Noelle Bannister.
Accessing Your Account
You can access Realm® anytime:
- Through our website (faccalgary.com/realm),
- At https://onrealm.org/faccalgary/SignIn (you may want to bookmark this page in your internet browser),
- Through the Realm Connect app or the FAC Experience app
Get the Realm Connect mobile app
Stay connected to FAC wherever you are by downloading the free Realm Connect app for iPhone and Android devices. “But wait,” you’re wondering, “Why do I need another app when I already have the FAC Experience app?” If you prefer, you can easily access Realm through the FAC Experience app. However, the Realm Connect app lets you easily communicate with groups you’re a part of at FAC, RSVP to events, manage your giving, update your profile information, and more – all in one place. It makes it easier for us to connect together throughout the week and know what’s happening. Tap the buttons below to download the app now:
Update Your Realm® Profile
Everyone in our church gets a unique Realm profile. Your profile contains everything you want people in our church to know about you. Your profile will also enable you to join a small group, RSVP to events, track and manage your giving, update your contact information, change family details, set notification preferences, or add a profile photo of yourself.
Keeping your information current helps FAC staff, ministry group leaders, and your church community stay connected with you, and best serves your FAC needs (i.e. streamlined registration for events, giving records, DiscoveryLand kids’ check-in). Your profile can include:
- Contact Information (e.g. name, address, email, phone)
- Family Members
- Personal Information (e.g. marital status, birthday*, etc.)
- Connected Social Media Accounts
*The year and your age will not be displayed on your church directory profile.
Protecting Your Privacy
Your information is your information.
- You have complete control over who can see your contact and personal information.
- Contact information is never public or searchable on the internet. Any information you choose to make visible to your church family is always protected behind a login.
- Authorized FAC staff will always have access to your Realm profile information.
- You and certain authorized FAC staff may update your profile information. In some cases, your FAC ministry group leader(s) may update your contact information if you have made it visible to group leaders.
- For safety reasons, sharing contact and personal information for children under 18 is limited.
- Parents determine whether or not to display their child’s name in the church directory.
What People May See
By default, your contact and personal information is limited to members of FAC ministry groups you choose to be in, those group leaders, and FAC staff members. You can choose to make your information visible to the entire church … But if you prefer to be more private, you can customize exactly who can see specific information.*
- Contact Information: name, address, phones, and email
- Personal Information: family position, member status, but you also have the option of sharing your birthday, gender, allergy information, and skills with people in your church
*If you’re an FAC ministry group leader or host an FAC event, certain contact information may be visible regardless of the settings you choose.
Choosing Your Profile Privacy Settings
- Everyone – Like a church directory listing, everyone in our church will be able to see whatever profile information is marked as visible to everyone.
- My Groups + Group Leaders + Church Staff – This setting means information will only be shared with the people you are involved with at church. This is the default setting.
- Group Leaders + Church Staff – You would use this setting if you wanted to keep some profile information hidden from anyone who is not a group leader or on staff.
- Church Staff Only – This setting effectively removes you from the church directory. Your information will only be available to authorized church staff.**
- Custom Privacy – Choose different privacy levels for specific contact fields and personal information. You can do this in 2 places: when you edit your profile information or when you manage your privacy settings.***
**While you can hide the majority of your information from most of our church, you should know that, regardless of your settings, contact data will still be visible to certain members of our church staff.
***The Directory page shows all individuals who have a login, along with individuals without a login who have been opted in to the directory. Currently, individuals with a login cannot opt out of being listed in the directory.
A family member with a primary position such as “Adult 1” or “Adult 2” can change privacy settings for other members of the family and opt family members in to the church directory.
Birthdays are required for children (as a means to prohibit access), but it’s up to you if you want to share the birth date with others at FAC.
Giving on Realm
Review your giving history at FAC or make new donations online or on your mobile phone anytime. Simply sign in to look over your year-to-date giving, print your contribution statement, or make a new one-time or recurring donation. It’s always available and kept secure in an easy-to-use online environment.
Ways to Give
No matter how you choose to financially support building lives that honour God through FAC, with your Realm account, you can review all your giving history online anytime:
- Cheque or Cash (drop-boxes are located on campus)
- Online Gifts (one-time or recurring)
- Texting “FACGive” to 73256
- Special Pledges
How to Give Online from Your Realm Profile:
This short video shows how you can give on a desktop computer:
How to Give As a Guest (No Realm Account)
Registering for Events on Realm
Good news! Registering for events at FAC is getting a whole lot easier! Using your Realm account, you can quickly RSVP for group events or register for ticketed events through our website, the Realm Connect app, or logging into your Realm account – without having to enter your contact information every time.
To Register for an Event:
- Enter your name and email. If you have set up your Realm account, the system will automatically recognize you.
- Enter in your password and click the sign in button.
- Complete the registration by filling out the form and making payment (if applicable) with any payment method you have securely stored in your profile.
The event is now linked to your profile! Under the Events menu in your Realm profile, you can view current/past events, make changes, or cancel any upcoming event registrations.
Need help? Have questions? We’d love to help. Please contact Noelle Bannister / 403-258-4357.