How can I help?
Preschool and Grade School VBS DiscoveryCamps are almost entirely volunteer run and there are many ways you can get involved!
*Preschool VBS DiscoveryCamp is July 6-9, 2020 and Grade School VBS DiscoveryCamp is July 6-10, 2020.
The ‘PERKS‘ for VBS DiscoveryCamp Volunteers …
As a great big thank you for volunteering for VBS DiscoveryCamps, there are some volunteer perks you should know about:
- Camper Discount! If you sign up to volunteer before May 29 – you’ll receive one $50 discount towards a child camp registration. Once you sign up we will contact you to discuss your role and we will give you a discount code to use when you register your child for camp. Please make sure and receive your discount code prior to registering your child.
Please Note: To receive a discount, volunteers must be 18+. One discount per adult volunteer.
- Early Registration! Camp volunteers can register their children early. Typically our camps fill up quickly – so don’t wait! Registration will open for volunteers Tuesday, April 28 at noon. Please note that there is complimentary childcare during camp for volunteers’ children who are too young to attend our Preschool Camp.
- Tons of Fun! Volunteering for the week is truly a blast! Connect with some of the cutest kids on the planet, make a bunch of new friends, and best of all … teach kids about Jesus! What a great way to kick off your summer.
VBS DiscoveryCamps Volunteer Roles
Here are the volunteer positions available for Preschool and Grade School VBS DiscoveryCamps 2020:
- Preschool or Grade School Crew Leader *High Priority* (age 16+) – Lead a small group of children through a rotation of camp activities throughout the morning
- Jr. Crew Leader (age 12-15) – Assist the adult Crew Leaders lead the children through activities
- 1-on-1 Assistant for a Child with Special Needs – Assist a child with special needs participate in camp activities
- Games Leader – Lead children in high-energy outdoor games and activities
- Childcare for Volunteers’ Kids – Care for children too young to attend camp (infant-3 years)
- Decorating and Set-up/Take-down Crew – Prepare theme props and decorations (decoration workbee on Saturday June 20, set-up Sunday July 5 and/or take-down Friday July 10)
- Snacks – Prepare camper snacks
Because we value the safety of campers and volunteers …
Screening and police checks are required for all staff and volunteers. Children will only be released to guardians or those who are registered as alternates. We also restrict the ratio of children each leader may have in their group, to ensure appropriate supervision.
If you would like to volunteer for one of our other Summer Camps …