Be super cool this summer by volunteering at DiscoveryCamps!
How can I help?
Come join the fun and make a positive impact on kids this summer! DiscoveryCamps at FAC are almost entirely volunteer run; we’d love to have you be part of the action.
DiscoveryCamps @ FAC Deerfoot, July 4-7
Preschool and Grade School 8:30 am-12:15 pm
- Preschool and Grade School Crew Leaders
- Preschool and Grade School Jr. Crew Leaders
- Preschool and Grade School Games Leaders
- Grade School Craft Leaders
- Childcare Leaders
- Childcare Leaders
- 1-on-1 Assistants
- Decorating, Setup/Tear down
DiscoveryCamps @ FAC Southwest, August 21-25*
Preschool, 8:30 am-12:15 pm, Grade School 8:30 am-5:15 pm
*FAC Southwest DiscoveryCamp volunteers must be 14 years or older.
The Perks of Being a DiscoveryCamp Volunteer
As a great big thank you for volunteering for DiscoveryCamp, there are some
volunteer perks you should know about:
- Camper Discount for Deerfoot Camps! All adult volunteers are eligible to receive one FREE child camp registration (value $60). Once you sign up, Pastor Crystal will contact you to confirm your role and your child’s registration. Note: To receive a discount, volunteers must be 18+. One discount per adult volunteer.
- Honorarium for Southwest Camps! Volunteers will receive an honorarium for all their hard work at our Southwest DiscoveryCamps. Contact us for more information.
- Tons of Fun! Volunteering for the week is truly a blast! Connect with some of the cutest kids on the planet, make a bunch of new friends, and best of all … teach kids about Jesus! What a great way to spend time this summer!
Because we value the safety of campers and volunteers …
All volunteers (new and returning) will be required to attend one mandatory camp training session. More information will be provided to volunteers later.
- Screening and police checks are required for all staff and volunteers.
- Children will only be released to guardians or those who are registered as alternates.
- To ensure appropriate supervision, we restrict the ratio of children to leaders that each leader may have in their group.