How can I help?
DiscoveryCamps are almost entirely volunteer run and there are a lot of ways you can get involved!
The ‘PERKS‘ for DiscoveryCamp Volunteers …
As a great big thank you for volunteering for DiscoveryCamp, there are some volunteer perks you should know about:
- Camper Discount! If you sign up to volunteer before Friday, May 31 – you’ll receive one $50 discount towards a child camp registration. Once you sign up we will contact you to discuss your role and we will give you a discount code to use when you register your child for camp. Please make sure and receive your discount code prior to registering your child.
Please Note: To receive a discount, volunteers must be 18+. One discount per adult volunteer.
- Early Registration! Camp volunteers can register their children early. Typically our camps fill up quickly – so don’t wait! Registration will open for volunteers Tuesday, March 12 at 9:00 am. Please note that there is complimentary childcare during camp for volunteers’ children who are too young to attend our Preschool Camp.
- Tons of Fun! Volunteering for the week is truly a blast! Connect with some of the cutest kids on the planet, make a bunch of new friends, and best of all … teach kids about Jesus! What a great way to kick off your summer.
Here are the volunteer positions available for Grade School and Preschool VBS DiscoveryCamps 2019:
- Crew Leader *High Priority* – Lead a small group of children through a rotation of camp activities throughout the morning
- Jr. Crew Leader (age 12-15) – Assist the adult Crew Leaders
- 1-on-1 Assistant – Assist a child who needs extra support to participate in camp activities
- Games Leader – Lead children in high-energy outdoor games and activities
- Childcare – Care for volunteers’ children too young to attend (infant-3 yrs.)
- Decorating, Set Up/Take Down Crew – prepare theme props and decorations
- Snacks – prepare camper snacks
Because we value the safety of campers and volunteers …
Screening and police checks are required for all staff and volunteers. Children will only be released to guardians or those who are registered as alternates. We also restrict the ratio of children each leader may have in their group, to ensure appropriate supervision.
Please note: If you would like to volunteer for Summer Slam Sports Camp, Sewing Camp or Music Camp, please contact us.