COVID-19 Community Response
In the upcoming weeks we will have new opportunities to share the love and hope of Jesus through acts of kindness to our neighbors and in our community. FAC desires to see lives, communities and the world transformed through the gospel in action.
Here are some practical ways for you to get involved:
Temporary Mustard Seed Shelter at FAC
- If you would like to volunteer at the shelter, please contact the Mustard Seed by email
- The Mustard Seed is looking for donations of urgently needed items. You can view the list here. Items can be dropped off at one these two locations:
102 11 Avenue SE, 403-723-9422
7025 44 Street SE (SE Foothills Shelter), 403-269-1319
Please note: food donations or bagged lunches are not permitted at this time. FAC is not accepting donations.
If you are a high-risk individual or are experiencing any symptoms of illness, we ask that you do not volunteer.
Lunch Program for Students In-Need
- FAC has partnered with a local youth centre to provide lunches for students in-need 7 days a week. If you would like to support this opportunity, you can donate through the COVID-19 fund line here.
Reaching our Neighbors
- The mental and emotional strains of social distancing can be difficult to bear. Be part of the team that encourages others by reaching out with prayer, connecting over the phone and other support. Sign up here.
“And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all …” – Galatians 6:9-10
Practically sharing the love of Jesus in the community
Through various teams and partnerships in Calgary, we want to share the love of Jesus in our city in practical ways, and make a long-term difference in the community. Here are just a few volunteer-based ways we’re doing that together:
- Oil Change Days: basic car maintenance hosted at FAC twice a year for single moms, widows, seniors, or those in financial need. Contact us to join the team!
- School Partnerships: serving local schools through breakfast programs, classroom painting, Backpacks for Kids, and more
- toolteam: practical home maintenance assistance for widows and others in financial need or with physical limitations
… Also watch for other special seasonal campaigns designed to give back to our community in practical ways through partnerships with other local non-profits:
Contact us to learn more and to get involved.